Property Owners Association
P.O. Box 734, North Fork, CA 93643
(559) 877-2635 Fax: (559)
Minutes of the Special Director’s Meeting
Saturday, September 24, 2011
Cascadel Woods Clubhouse
(Unless otherwise noted, all votes
President Stan Eggink
called the meeting to order at 10:56am. Present were Directors Shaunna
Shortes, Volney Dunavan and Warren Cox, and most of the attendees of
the Annual Meeting immediately before this one.
Being duly elected
to the Board, Rick Harrell was seated.
- Stan Eggink was re-elected President (motion
by Volney/second by Warren)
- Warren Cox was re-elected Vice President (Volney/Shaunna)
- Shaunna Shortes was re-elected Treasurer (Volney/Stan)
- Rick Harrell was nominated for Secretary but
declined; Volney Dunavan was elected to that position (Warren/Rick).
There was no change
made to the current signature policy for the CWPOA financial accounts.
Cindy will prepare and turn in the new signature cards for the CWPOA
- Wayne Shortes had volunteered to get information
and help us evaluate our existing insurance. We are hoping we have
passed the ‘punishment’ phase on our Director’s and Officer’s Liability
Insurance so that it can be remarketed to bind at a lower deductible.
- We get Worker’s Compensation Insurance through
the State Fund. Wayne wants
to clarify our endorsement and also to find out if the insurance
covers Board members who are volunteering on special projects, i.e.,
- He should have the full report ready for our
next regular meeting.
Ongoing Road Work:
- Brian felt that the existing $4,800 budget would
cover many additional road repairs. First will be the big holes creek
side and then starting at the archway, coming in. There was discussion
about the need for a drainage ditch by the new culvert. The Board
voted to allow up to $1000 more, to be used for this purpose. The
money will come from discretionary funds.
- In the future there will need to be a major project
by the archway. The road needs to be lifted to help create a drainage
ditch. Hopefully this can be done next spring.
- There is another culvert between the arch and
the new one; it probably is ok but also needs a drainage ditch.
- There is a bad spot on Waterfall Way. Brian has been fixing
it enough so that he can snowplow there. He is not quite sure that
is our responsibility. This is a grey area.
- Mark Stamas volunteered to help with road projects.
Brian Curtis is welcome to call him at any time.
- Stan requested information from Harvey, our webmaster.
There has been no response. Stan will pursue this with the Board.
It was clarified that the domain is owned by Chris Iden and that
Mark Stamas is hosting the site at no cost to us. This will be an
agenda item at our next regular meeting, November 12.
There being no further
business to be transacted, the meeting adjourned at 11:15.
Volney Dunavan, Secretary